Another week of rain and cool temperatures here...I recently heard it may be another green tomato year. But plenty of things to celebrate around the garden nonetheless.
The first sunflowers burst into bloom...
The beans found their way to the top of the teepee, and our little garden sprite found her way inside...
And we're starting to feel the real bounty and abundance of the produce ripe for harvest. This all went into dinner tonight:
We finally tried kale chips after hearing about them for the last year or so. They truly are miraculous-- crispy-salty-melt-in-your mouth goodness. Even the vegetable snubbing two year old tried a few. I used the Smitten Kitchen Recipe via Soule Mama.
I'll be gone from this space for the next week--happy growing till we meet again!
Your sunflower is beautiful! ...and so is your two year old! Her hair is positively gorgeous. :) Your leek looks super...our leeks are frail and small yet. Hopefully they'll get bigger!
ReplyDeleteHi Annie, just stumbled across your lovely blog, I can't wait to plant our sunflower seeds, we saved so many from last summer, and isn't that just the most beautiful little garden sprite!!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day :)
Hi, Annie,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. Your garden is inspiring and of course I love the pics of A...she is soooo adorable. Hope to meet her before she's all grown up. Love to you from the 'other coast'.
What a sweet happy face! Your teepee looks great!
ReplyDeletethanks for the kale chip tip!
ReplyDelete