Tuesday, July 17, 2012

yarn along

After finishing the bowl (still in need of felting) I decided to cast on for another Pebble vest, smaller than the last one, sans buttons, and knit in the round. So far enjoying it thoroughly. Just the thing for a distracted pregnant lady to pick up for a few minutes here and there. Hopefully it will fit our soon-to-be arriving little man come autumn.

And reading the latest of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books--always enjoyable, charming, light, but with just enough substance to keep me interested.

Joining in with Ginny's yarn along...

10 comments:

  1. I need to start reading some more of his novels - I love Precious! And what great characters in the books.

    Love the brown you're using for the pebble (I also knit one in the round - much easier). What is the brown yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen--yes, I love the characters, and the gentle, yet honest tone of his books, too. The brown yarn is Lanaloft Worsted by Brown Sheep Co. in color "cliff rock." I'm really liking it so far, though haven't used it for baby clothing yet, so don't know how it will hold up.

      Delete
  2. the bowl is a really nice color. and pebble vest is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bowl, hope you will show us when it is felted. And the pebble vest, I have seen it a few times on yarn along, might have to give it a go.

    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I would definitely recommend the pebble if you have a little person in your life--very easy and fun to knit, well-written, and so cute.

      Delete
  4. love the gray color!! it is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from Croatia (Europe)! I like your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting is looking good.
    Such fun preparing for a new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my that brown yarn is such a lovely color, your little vest will be adorable. love the sweet little bowl too, the green is so pretty. and alexander mccall smith, i really LOVE. he perfectly portrays the lovely people of botswana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie I love your bowl! I love your blog, your photos are amazing and Ada is adorable. I'm so delighted to meet you. I'm a friend of your aunt Allene.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete