Saturday, July 14, 2012

waiting

As my mood wavers between excited anticipation and discouraged irritability--oh when will this baby appear...

 I harvest sun-drenched calendula

 smell the roses

 (not mine--we found these lovelies at Portland's Rose Gardens)

store away dried oregano and lemon balm for the winter

chuckle at this little one who insists on wearing her tutu to help dad in the garden.

 The garden bursts

bees work industriously

 cucumbers climb

tomatoes and beans grow tall...

...and our little corner of the world teems with life.

3 comments:

  1. That baby will be out before you know it!! Also, your garden is beautiful. The calendula bouquet looks particularly nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is amazing! And, yes, tutus are essential for all sorts of chores - around our place too!
    Happy waiting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have garden envy! Your garden is beautiful and looks like it's doing very well. Love the gathering of herbs for winter and of course, your daughter in her tutu is so precious - of course tutus and dirt and gardening go together! :)

    Waiting is so difficult...hope all goes well and soon!

    ReplyDelete