Tuesday, September 4, 2012

yarn along


knitting: a pair of Christmas fingerless mitts with fun rainbow yarn (Wisdom Yarns' Poems) for my niece.

reading: Kristin Lavransdatter, recommended by Yarn Along's own Ginny--a Norwegian novel written in the 1920's and set in fourteenth-century Norway. Liking it very very much.

More yarning along here.

8 comments:

  1. Your yarn choice is lovely. And thanks for the link to the pattern, I have been looking for one and this will be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is gorgeous - they will be fun mitts in that pretty yarn.
    Enjoy the story

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely yarn, and it matches your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love, love your yarn..I can't wait to see your finished finger-less mitts...

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love fingerless mits! The color that you have chosen is just beautiful. I so love the bright cheerful colors. There is something about them that just makes me smile. Thank you for the linky as well, love to keep these patterns close to me for fall projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn is gorgeous and this is the second mention of this book I have seen today. Thinking I may need to look for it at the library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the color in this photo! I'm working on legwarmers during this yarn along link up. :) Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just requested that book through the library... I look forward to reading it! I am currently reading "Out of the Saltbox: The Savour of Old Vermont" that Tonya from Plain and Joyful Living has been enjoying -- my goodness, it is a must read! I highly recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete