I finally finished these little pink Saartje booties and sent them off to the Easter babe for whom they were intended. I also decided to try the Pebble vest, and have knit a few rows. The yarn is rather bulky and the gauge is larger than called for. I do want a larger vest, but I'm a little worried it will be way to big to fit our babe in the proper season...ah well--one nice thing about baby knitting is that if it doesn't fit now, it may fit later, and if not later, then there's another babe somewhere who can wear it.
I've been reading a lovely book that has been on our shelf for a while, inherited from my in-laws, called From the Land and Back: What life was like on a family farm and how technology changed it, by Curtis Stadtfeld. It looks like it may be out of print now, but I think it discusses a topic that is still, or again, timely and compelling for many young folks interested in traditional skills and local food/goods. The author's writing is honest and poetic, a pleasure to read. Definitely worth searching for at your library.
Joining in with Yarn Along today...
Aww the booties came out beautiful. So sweet & perfect for Easter
ReplyDeleteLove the booties, adorable. And your book sounds great, will have to see if I can find it. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful pattern. Amanda from the habit of being just made a pair too!
ReplyDelete