I was on such a roll with the Saartje booties last week that I decided to cast on for another pretty pink pair (so many babies being born around here lately!) while I await the arrival of yarn for a spring cardigan for my daughter. It's my first time ordering yarn from Quince and Co., and I'm excited to try it (the lark, in snap pea).
We've been reading and listening to Over in the Meadow, which we found at the library after my daughter fell in love with the song. I had never heard it before, but my husband grew up with it and recently started playing it on the guitar for my daughter. It's such a lovely melody, and Mae Robertson, the artist who sings so sweetly and gently on the CD accompanying this edition of the book, makes me feel that all is right with the world. Just the thing when you need four and a half minutes of peace and solace.
Visit Ginny at Yarn along for more reading and knitting inspiration!
Ooh, oh, ooh! I love the In Threes! I will await your verdict on the Lark. I was given a Quince and Co gift voucher for my birthday and I'm beside myself trying to work out what to buy. Must finish current projects first, must finish current projects first...
ReplyDeleteI think you are going to love Quince & Co. Thir yarn is beyond lovely and their customer service is excellent! I am using their yarn,tern, for my cardigan and already browsing for the next order.
ReplyDeleteHappy Yarn Along.
Oh, that book is a favorite in our house! All four of the kids love it.
ReplyDeletei love that song too. i think i will see if my dear man can play it for us as well. i hadn't thought about it in such a long time. and that pink, oh that pink is so fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to see what you think of the new yarn! I have yet to knit with it yet...but it is in my horizons! Lovely pink in the photo!!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I have those Saartje Booties in my queue a long time but never cast on for them yet. But, some babies are on their way in the next month, so I guess its about time ;-) thanks for reminding me!
ReplyDeleteAnd now I am on my way to You Tube to see if I can find a nice version of the song you talked about. I love learning new songs :-)
Happy Knitting - Gesche
Such a pretty delicate pink for booties. Very nice. I like your new header!
ReplyDelete