Wednesday, February 15, 2012

snap pea spring cardigan

The much anticipated Quince and Co. yarn (Lark, in snap pea) arrived in the mail last week and the color was so inspiring that I started in immediately on my daughter's spring cardigan (pattern is In Threes, which I'm loving!). This has been such a quick and satisfying knit--the yarn is lovely (though my true test is how badly it pills once it's worn--any experience with the Lark yarn in that regard?) and the pattern straight forward and fluid. If I'm lucky, it might even be ready for a certain someone's birthday at the end of the month. I'd love to find some cute buttons--any favorite button sources out there?

I'm sharing another children's book this week, for I am still reading Middlemarch, and probably will be for quite some time. (Poor Dorothea--Casaubon just died, and proved to be as self-absorbed and dreadful in his death as in his living...) We checked out Valentine from the library simply because of the holiday theme, and found it to be such a treasure of a book. It's about a little girl who cares for a newborn lamb (and makes Valentine cookies) while she spends the day with her grandmother. Very poignant in the depiction of relationships between the girl and her mother and grandmother, and the range of emotions she feels as the lamb progresses from vulnerable and cold to warm and content.

Joining in with Ginny for yarn along...

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it, I love it! The colour is perfect. I might have to copy it exactly. I'll be listening out for news on the pilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that green, so nice and springy. the book sounds very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cardigan - such a gorgeous colour. I am loving all these greens and yellows appearing in blogland like spring flowers. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You outdid yourself on the cardigan. I really love the color and the yoke detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, this yarn is so perfectly green! My favorite color. .. I have yet to get any quince yarn but have been wanting to, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous green! I keep hearing about this cardigan pattern - I think I may need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cardigan is lovely and I don't blame you for starting right way! I have not used Lark, but Quince yarn is such a great yarn and I really don't foresee you having any trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snap pea - what a color! I think I too would start in on it straightaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness! That yarn, that color, that pattern...perfection. Thanks for the book suggestion! I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every one seems to be making jolly spring green cardigans...I love that colour. I've had lots of small projects over the last few months but can't wait to start on some sweaters and cardigans.
    Have a good day,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. such an adorable in threes and snap pea is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete