Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October light

The light is changing 'round here. Shadows lengthening, days shortening. I've been surprised lately by where the light is coming from, and how it  illuminates the house's objects...






We are appreciating every moment of sunshine these days, when her light floods through the windows like this, for we know she'll be covered by rain and clouds soon enough!

5 comments:

  1. lovely photos! what kind of nut is in the bottom photo, and are they edible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TW--those are chestnuts (horse chestnuts?) and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know if they're of the "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" edible variety. We have a lot of these trees in our neighborhood and as far as i know nobody eats them. I've thought to myself many times that I should do some research on the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless I am mistaken, the chestnuts in North America, although not poisonous, are extremely bitter and not worth eating. The chestnuts "roasting over an open fire" are from Europe.
    Our grocery store imports them from Italy, specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these photos are stunning- I too have noticed the beauty of the October light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photograph of the open door and the light on the doorknob. I think a lot of natural light is so important. The house we're in now faces south which is not a good direction. Little natural light coming in from east or west sides of our home, so the house is darker than I'd like. But it's good to stop & notice the changes however subtly.

    ReplyDelete