This little
soaker has been sitting around for weeks, waiting to be worked on. For some reason I'm just not inspired. Maybe it's the electric blue yarn (Cascade 220) my daughter picked out, or maybe I'm just struggling with the pattern, which, I think, could be a tad more clear. Or maybe I've just been hit with a case of the lazies? I realized this weekend, though, that this was the perfect opportunity to make like so many of you prolific yarn-alongers and start another project--or maybe two or three more projects! I've always felt that I should finish one before starting another, but as I've explored this wild world of knitting bloggers, it seems that multiple projects on needles is the way to go. So today I cast on a little sock for baby-on-the-way. And I think I might start a hat for him, another little vest; and my 3-yr-old daughter will be needing a new hat for winter, and a sweater, too. Better get to work...
I finished
Living the Good Life, by Helen and Scott Nearing. So many of these books I've been reading, written 50-75 yrs ago, speak to issues of food and land and livelihood as if they'd been written today. Interesting stuff. Now, time for a good novel--just started Austen's
Persuasion. And I'm so glad to have a book of Mary Oliver's poetry at the bedside again. I'm enjoying this volume--
Why I Wake Early--even more than her others. The title poem is lovely.
Happy yarning-along!
Yes for multiple projects on the needles, it keeps life interesting at the very least. Happy knitting!
ReplyDeleteI love that blue yarn so let's blame the pattern, shall we? I haven't read that book yet, thanks for the recommendation.
ReplyDeleteMore than one at a time...isn't that what owning multiple needle sizes is for? :) Happy knitting!
ReplyDeleteMultiple projects=never a bored knitter!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, Annie...keeps me posted on the 'good life' in Portland! By the way if you ever visit us in Maine we can visit the Nearings' Maine home in Harborside (where they lived after they left Vermont). It's a magical place.
ReplyDeleteI agree, Living The Good Life is definitely an interesting read. I really liked the parts where they had their whole little cabin full of people and everybody had their designated tasks (if I remember it correctly!) I should read it again... Also, I rather like the electric blue yarn, it's so crisp and cool!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way....I feel guilty if I start another project while I still have one on the needles. It would be so freeing to be able to move from one to the other, though, depending on my mood. Good luck in casting on something new!
ReplyDelete