Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saartje Bootees and Inspiration


Could it be that I've finally found my way out of this lingering creative funk? I hope the completion of these little Saartje bootees is a sign of more productivity to come.  I do know that I'm starting to feel inspired to create again. The bootees definitely helped. As did my recent wool pillow project. Once I can get a little momentum going, it seems easier to keep the creative juices flowing. And now I am beginning to dream of projects again!

Have you seen all the fabulous patterns offered by Kelborne Woolens? And most of them free! I definitely want to make this hiker's waistcoat when it's time for a "me" project again. (And did you see the coupon for a free Fibre Company PDF pattern over at Soulemama last Saturday? What a great gift! I chose Perrin).

In keeping with the theme of creativity, I've been flipping through Living Out Loud  and finding it fun and inspiring. And still reveling in Middlemarch for my longer term reading relationship. I've been looking for good Valentine's Day books to read with my 3 year old daughter. Any suggestions? We checked out The Day it Rained Hearts from the library and found it quite charming.

Hope this week finds you feeling inspired and hopeful about the future!
Joining up with Ginny's Yarnalong...

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the creativity lull - I have those and sometimes can feel like you'll never get going again. The booties are so precious (love that pattern) and the color is so spring-like. From the generous freebie, I ended up ordering the Grey Skies mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all suffer from creative funk every now and then....but those little booties are absolutely adorable!!! Good way to escape funk-dom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The booties are so cute! I hope they help shake off that funk. Oh, and I just loved your post on the wool pillows. Would love to do this myself after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those are so cute! i have always wanted to make a pair of the saartje booties. i just bookmarked the hikers waistcoat, i love it too. i chose fiber companys mountain ash, so nice of them to offer.
    hurray for finding your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo of the booties--I've always wanted to make a pair. I chose Olmsted for my free pattern--very generous!

    ReplyDelete