Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Finds

It's been a lucky weekend...








...for I found

~ a fabulous stash of fabric scraps (in a cool jar) plus those four wonderful books and a few other treasures that wouldn't fit in the picture...all for a pittance at a generous crafter's yard sale

~some early morning peace and light on a solo walk through the park

~enough sunshine in these partly sunny skies to dry the sheets on the line and share a meal or two outside

~and a few unhurried moments to sit and reflect on it all.

Wishing you a bit of luck in the days ahead...

4 comments:

  1. Annie, I love all your pictures! The fabric and sewing books look lovely. And I love your backyard. It's so beautiful and inviting. Will you come landscape our backyard when we find a new place? :) Your little girl is looking adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Kim. The backyard is such a work in progress and I'm certainly no designer--just sort of comes together bit by bit and year by year. I wish you guys lived closer and could come hang out in the garden with us (on a rare un-rainy day!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stain on your picnic table is gorgeous! Do you know what it is? We just got a table for our backyard and we need to put a stain on it.

    Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funky Mommy--Thanks! My husband made that table with cedar a few years ago. He finished it with clear polyurethane (no stain)--not the most natural choice, but durable. We have a lot of rain here so needed something that could withstand the elements. Even so, he needed to sand it down and reapply this spring (and we put it in the garage for the winter). I have plans to make a tablecloth to protect it, but it does seem a pity to cover the beautiful wood.

    ReplyDelete