One of my first projects since being bitten by the sewing bug was to make a few potholders from Amanda Blake Soule's book Handmade Home. They are so sweet and pretty, fairly quick and easy (though I still find it challenging to sew a circle!), and small enough to use up little fabric scraps found at garage sales this summer. I liked making them so much that they turned into gifts for several family members this year.
Love them, Annie! I wish we lived closer so we could sew together...I have a few projects I want to work on as well, but my time for sewing is so limited... It's always more motivating to sew with a friend. Love the mail satchel as well. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim! I didn't know you sew! It would be so fun to live closer and be able to share crafty time--one of us could keep the kiddos occupied while the other sewed away. Maybe some day!
ReplyDeleteUmm, love these! My birthday is in October... :)
ReplyDeleteKatie