Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Autumn Glory

Today was one of those clear, blue, sunny, dry days that feel so luxurious in our wet fall climate. We were lucky enough to get to spend some time outside and wanted to share these chestnut and maple gems with you. I have always loved golden leaves against blue sky with bright autumn sun lighting up the whole scene. So delicious.
Starting this blog has been a wonderful exercise in remembering how to see the world around me. I really learned to do this while taking art classes in high school. I was blessed with a wonderfully perceptive and compassionate art teacher who taught us to look at objects, creatures, light, and shadow, without labeling. Just see the forms with a naked eye. A toddler is a good teacher in this regard, too, observing the world with such a fresh mind.  I'm blessed to have one of those, as well. So maybe this is a little renaissance for me. Re-learning to see. I hope that in sharing what I see on this blog, you will also be inspired to look at your world with fresh eyes.

A few introductions:
This is Rhoda, the Rhode Island Red--one of the four (hopefully) happy hens for which this blog is named. She is our most friendly and uninhibited hen, and likes to come on in the people house whenever the door is left open for a moment.
This is Cleo(patra) the Ameraucana, who lays green eggs. You can find her, wings spread wide, sunning herself whenever the sun makes an appearance.
We'll have to wait to introduce the other two our our four happy hens till I can get a good photo of them. Chickens are even harder than toddlers to photograph! Speaking of toddlers, here's mine:
We were picking and smelling and tearing apart some chamomile flowers in the garden this afternoon. Such delicate little petals and scent.
Blessings on your world and on your vision of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment