Tuesday, December 11, 2012

yarn along


I've been away from this space for so long! An awful cold ran through our house, followed by a nasty stomach bug, topped off by a beautiful babe who doesn't like to sleep anymore. So time for knitting and blogging has diminished. Today I finally finished these sweet little mitts, realized yarn-along is tomorrow and thought maybe I could just slap a photo up here real quick. After knitting one in the smallest size and realizing it would be too big for the 6 year old they'll be gifted to, I sized it down by subtracting 4 stitches from the whole pattern. I think they'll work out well now. The yarn is Wisdom Yarns--Poems. I used a twisted 1x1 rib for the cuff rather than regular 2x2.

I've been reading a great book recommended by a librarian (happy to have it around for that run in with the stomach bug!) called Caleb's Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks. It's a historical fiction novel set in the early American colonies, about the first Native American graduate from Harvard college.

Joining in with Ginny's yarn along...

9 comments:

  1. You're back! I've missed you. Love the mitts. Hope everyone is well/sleeping soundly soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Greer! It's nice to know your missed (:

      Delete
  2. Love the colourful mittens - nice to see you blogging again too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Very cute and great colorway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those mitts! but i am always a fan of the rainbow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love those! We are obsessed with rainbows around here...I'll have to look for that yarn the next time I'm at my LYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed ya!! Love the mitts, I have been knitting up the same ones. I love the yarn and colours - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete